Perry Noble (At Elevation Church)
Video Link: http://elevationchurch.org/sermons/byssiw
- Growing up I had a drug problem…I got drug to church.
- My dad’s belt cured my ADD.
- Perry didn’t like church.
- Perry ran from God for a while (His mother died from cancer when he was 12)
- He blamed God.
- Perry had a friend (David) who started inviting him to church.
- Perry refused continuously for 2 years.
- David Persisted, Perry finally went.
- It’s amazing what can happen when you have someone who won’t give-up on you.
- Will you be the person that won’t give-up on someone.
- People were crowding Jesus and listening to the word of God.
- People (Christians) today often have the default perception that just be a church is growing or a Mega Church, they must be watering down the gospel.
- Crowds will come because the word of God is preached.
- Jesus saw 2 boats that belonged to fishermen.
- Jesus got into the boat belonging to Simon (Peter).
- If you are a follower of Christ, it is because Jesus got in your boat.
- At some point, Jesus has to get into your boat.
- Jesus wasn’t content that there wasn’t room.
- He did what it took to make more room so that no one would be left out.
- When people make room…(physical, intellectual, social, emotional, etc)change can take place.
- If people/we don’t make room then their lives are unable to change, evolve, or grow.
- When Simon made “personal room” for Jesus something amazing happened.
- We always want Jesus to do something for us, but many of us are unwilling to make room.
- Are you willing to make room for Jesus to use you – However He wills?